Removing Bed Bugs in NY and NJ
Bed Bugs Treatment in NJ and NY: Understanding their behavior
- The top three places where UltraPro Technicians report finding bed bugs are NJ and NY single-family homes (91 percent), apartments/condominiums (89 percent), and hotels/motels (68 percent). Past bed bug statistics have shown these environments to consistently be the top three where bed bugs have been encountered.
- Bed bugs are also found seemingly everywhere else in NJ and NY and in higher numbers, such as nursing homes (59 percent), schools and daycare centers (47 percent), offices (46 percent), college dorms (45 percent), hospitals (36 percent) and public transportation (19 percent).
- Bites are the most commonly reported sign of an infestation (92 percent) and more than half of NJ and NY residents reach out for treatment after discovering bites and welts on their bodies. Although some people immediately develop a skin reaction to bites, others may take two to three days before showing obvious symptoms or any symptoms at all, meaning that people could be unaware of a bed bug problem until a full-blown infestation has taken root.
- Typically found in New Jersey and New York couches and bed frames, bed bugs can also be found in some of the most unexpected places, including stuffed animals, wheelchairs, airplanes, school buses, purses and even inside bedside lamps.
Bed Bugs Treatment in NJ
The following bed bug statistics and facts are compiled from the National Pest Management Association:
- One out of five Americans has had a bed bug infestation in their home or knows someone who has encountered bed bugs at home or in a hotel
- Americans who have encountered bed bugs tend to be younger, live in urban areas and rent their homes. The incidence of bed bugs is three times higher in urban areas than in rural areas due to factors such as larger population size, apartment living and increased mobility, which are conducive to the rapid spread and breeding of bed bugs.
- Bed bugs are found in all 50 states. Specifically, the pests were encountered by 17 percent of respondents in the Northeast; 20 percent in the Midwest; 20 percent in the South; and 19 percent in the West.
- Consumers are concerned about bed bugs treatment in NJ and believe that infestations in the United States are increasing. Nearly 80 percent are most concerned about encountering bed bugs at hotels; 52 percent on public transportation; 49 percent in movie theaters; 44 percent in retail stores; 40 percent in medical facilities; 36 percent in their own homes; and 32 percent equally pointed to places of employment and friends’ homes. The fear of getting bitten topped the list of concerns.
Helpful Guides and Reviews
Call Us TodayGuardians of Our Environment!
Pests bothering you? We’ll handle it!
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation with our exterminators, please contact us via our contact information below!